To lookup EJBs, he needs to use the properties described here
http://openejb.org/remote-server.html

Those are:

  Properties p = new Properties();
  p.put("java.naming.factory.initial",
"org.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory");
  p.put("java.naming.provider.url", "yourhost.com:4201");
  p.put("java.naming.security.principal", "myuser");
  p.put("java.naming.security.credentials", "mypass");
  InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(p);

He's also better off using an app client, in which case he doesn't
need to setup any JNDI information.

-David