On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> Pardon me for being dumb but how can you start a module if the server is
> down?
>
> I think we may be trying to hard to kludge 88-style operations into a
> mode that 88 was not intended to support.

        If you "deploy" to a server that's not running, then the module
will be started next time the server starts.  If you "distribute" to a
server that's not running, then the module will not be started next time
the server starts.

        The alternative is to have two tools for online/offline mode (you
missed the boat if you intend to fight for that), or one tool where only
half the options work any any given time (ick).

Aaron