On Nov 4, 2004, at 3:42 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

On Nov 4, 2004, at 3:07 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

        I talked to Jeremy.  Our plan for now is that I will check in a
deployer tool that includes the following features:

 - everything, when working online (on the same PC as the server)
 - package and distribute, when working offline (on the same PC)
 - nothing, when working online (on a different PC from the server)

        This is basically the same functionality in the current
deployer.jar tool, plus online same-PC deployment via JSR-88.

So in your off list discussion what features got axed?

Jeremy is going to write up a "position paper" regarding
additional offline deployer features when he gets a chance (next couple of
days?). He has concerns about the original vision of a single unified
offline+online tool. (We should spend some time on this at the Hackathon
if it's not resolved sooner.)

That doesn't sound like the Apache way to me. This plan was discussed on the list and the community came to a decision. I think you should continue your development and Jeremy can complain when he gets time.

Exactly. The following people voted +1:

Aaron Mulder
Bruce Snyder
Davanum Srinivas
Dain Sundstrom
David Blevins
Hiram Chirino
James Strachan
Jailton Lopes (non-binding)

Jeremy is welcome to direct is opinion to the list so that everyone who voted +1 can participate in the discussion.

-David