For the record, when the words hidden agenda came up, my exact response was, "Can we turn this back into a technical discussion?"

Talking offline is fine. Throw in beer and it's even better. Can't wait to see everyone at ApacheCon next week.

My beef was in the very first sentence of Aaron's email which came after a community vote.

        "I talked to Jeremy.  Our plan for now is that I will check in a
          deployer tool that includes the following features:"

I read this to mean that the features we voted on where not going to be committed and a new vision discussed offline was going to be committed. I should have asked Aaron to clarify his statement as taking action against a vote without public discussion is against The Apache Way. Aaron did clarify his statement, which I greatly appreciate:

        "I guess some people thought that this was an instance of
        #1 [making critical decisions without input from others,
        offline], where Jeremy talked me out of the other half of the
        solution, thereby circumventing the community consensus and
        making a critical decision offline.  In fact, I was just
        frustrated with keeping my pending changes in sync on several
        different computers, and I wanted to try to get some online
        features in before M3/ApacheCon."

This clears it up for me.  Mystery solved.  Water under the bridge.

My apologies to Jeremy as I had assumed the decision to commit a new deployer was part of a their discussion.

I personally think Aaron's behavior was pretty good on this subject despite a poorly phrased sentence. With all the scm activity that takes place without any vote at all, I don't want to see someone punished for bothering to propose a vote. A good mix of both is healthy.

-David