--- David Blevins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Jan 9, 2005, at 1:37 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>

> > On Jan 9, 2005, at 12:58 PM, anita kulshreshtha
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>        After some investigation, I was able to
> >> generate some useful messages. A have attached
> patches
> >> to reproduce these messages. Here is the problem
> -
> >> 1. During bootstraping, OpenEJBModuleBuilder
> class is
> >> loaded by the  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >> classloader in GBeanInfo. When an attempt is made
> >> get the "getGBeanInfo" method of this class,
> >> getDeclared Method(.,.) throws
> >> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError! The
> GBeanInfo.patch
> >> contains the code to catch this error. What is
> more
> >> surprising is that getDeclaredMethod is trying to
> find
> >>
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.GBeanAdapter
> >> class to accomplish this! This class obviously
> does
> >> not exist. Is this an expected behavior?
   Let me rephrase this question. Is getDeclaredMethod
supposed to behave like this? Why is it trying to find
GBeanAdaptor class. Shouldn't it give
NoSuchMethodException? In that case the build will
fail gracefully indicating that it is time to build
openejb! I hope my question is not out of scope of
Geronimo.
> >> 2. A 'catch' seems to be missing in
> Bootstrap.java.
> >> Although it is not critical to this problem.
> >> 3. Is anyone else having the same problem? It
> might be
> >> possible to reproduce this without building
> openejb
> >> etc.
> >>                                     Any ideas?
> >> comments?
> >
> > I't's not clear to me whether you built yourself
> an up to date copy of
> > openejb.  If not, I think that has caused the
> problems you are seeing.
> >
> > I don't remember if the committers all agreed to
> update all the jars
> > whenever we update svn/cvs/any of the dependendent
> projects.  I
> > certainly never remember to.  I keep expecting
> some automated process
> > to occur but I don't think it does :-(
> >

> I published new jars earlier today, so things should
> be good--finally
> got my internet services hooked up in the new
> apartment.
Thanks. I do not expect the jars to be constantly
updated, just a message indicating that the build
failed in org.openejb.deployment.OpenEJBModuleBuilder.

Thanks again
Anita