Anita,

I think this is now rectified for you.

First there was a bug in the TomcatModuleBuilder that failed on schema validation. I fixed that and the DebugConfig will be built properly during the assembly build for tomcat.

However, there is now an additional comment/un-comment you must do before building assembly if you want to run Tomcat. You need to edit the j2ee-runtime-deployer-plan.xml as well as the j2ee-deployer-plan.xml.

I added a commented-out Tomcat section in the j2ee-runtime-deployer-plan.xml. You need to uncomment that, then comment out the WebBuilder for Jetty right below it. I added a comment there describing this as well.

I will try to get this in the Wiki shortly.

After this, it should be alot less painful to get Tomcat running.

Let us know how this works for you.

Jeff

anita kulshreshtha wrote:
Hi,
I am doing the following -
1. Do a regular build.
2.start the server by starting DebugConsole,
RuntimeDeployer and Tomcat.
3. From another window modify the RuntimeDeployer
configuration to accept TomcatModuleBuilder as
WebBuilder using java -jar bin\deployer.jar
..\plan\j2ee-runtime-deployer-plan.xml
4. A ^C saves this RuntimeDeployer in the persistent
store in another location. 5 Now when I restart the server as in 2 , I can run
DebugConsole as well as deploy wars For tomcat using
java -jar bin\deployer.jar. I do this to test
TomcatModuleBuilder. Is there a better way to accomplish this? Jacek, How do you run TomcatModuleBuilder ?

TIA
Anita