Do we want to do this with javax.security.jacc.PolicyConfigurationFactory.provider also?

Jeremy Boynes wrote:
Jeff Genender wrote:

Actually it kind of does. Setting the "policyProvider" attribute in the SecurityServiceImpl plan will do it.

The question is, do we pick up the javax.security.jacc.policy.provider variable and run with that, or is the declaration in the plan good enough?

Its actually a simple change to pick up the variable instead of using the plan attribute.

Comments?

Both?

Use the plan to define the default but if the system property is set let it override. That would allow people to determine the preferred provider at configuration time (in the plan), but a local admin can also impose a local policy fairly easily.

--
Jeremy

-- Jeff Genender http://geronimo.apache.org