You are correct.  I am working on this right now.

Jeff

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
"John Sisson (JIRA)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 22/02/2005 10:03:51 AM:

[

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-586?page=comments#action_59546 ]

John Sisson commented on GERONIMO-586:

The GeronimoPolicy class has two constructors, one of them has a parameter root, or type Policy, but this is not used by

SecurityServiceImpl.

If SecurityServiceImpl is changed to pass the default system policy on the GeronimoPolicy constructor, Geronimo initialisation under a security manager gets a lot further, until it hits another problem with the GeronimoPolicy.getPermissions(..) method, which I will document in another comment.

My workaround was to just pass Policy.getPolicy() as the 2nd parameter on the constructor, but I don't think that is a proper solution if the security service can be stopped and restarted and also does not comply with the JACC spec, Section 2.7 - What the application server should do, 2nd last paragraph, regarding setPolicy() only should be called once.

Thoughts?

John

I am assuming that the GeronimoPolicy implementation should be behaving as a "delegating Policy provider" as described in Section 2.5 of the JACC spec. If this is the case, it should be documented on the Wiki / installation instructions (also see last paragraph of section 2.5).

-- Jeff Genender http://geronimo.apache.org