Hi,

> I would like to know if it would be helpful to have a RMI
> class server.
>
> Currently, I see two potential usage:
> * deployment: currently, we need to be carefull about the
> exceptions nested within DeploymentException otherwise we
> will get a ClassNotFoundException. As a matter of fact, by
> installing a security manager and with the correct policy
> file, "local deployments" work properly. Indeed, as the
> ClassLoader used under the cover by Configuration is a
> URLClassLoader, marshalled classes are "properly" annotated.
> * IIOP: here I guess that we will need to download the stubs
> somehow to the clients.
>
> If you think that this is a good thing to have, then I am
> happy to get it working.

Just some warning here:
1. beware of the fact that classes may be "exploded" from jars in directories
and pick up the correct place, if "explosion" happens
2. the annotation can be incredibly long, especially compared with data sent
across a remote call, thus slowing down everything a lot. I would let an option
to not use annotation for best performance, or a use a tinyurl mechanism of
some sort.

All the rest is to get annotations right, which is non-trivial but interesting
:)
Have fun !

Regards,

Simon