On Aug 31, 2005, at 2:26 AM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

Good idea. Alternatively for our use, it looks like the directory project has its own asn1 implementation. IIUC that is all we use in the openejb corba code. Can we sidestep this problem by using the directory's asn1 implementation?

Kresten, does the proposed Trifork ORB donation include the asn1 code necessary for CORBA security?

Our CSI interceptor can certainly be included in the donation. It includes some hand-written code for some of the ASN.1 encodings, like GSS_ExportedName.

For ITTDistinguishedName, we use javax.security.auth.x500.X500Principal to decode the ASN.1 name. (this should be in any 1.4+ JDK).

I cannot say for sure if this is all that will be needed in the future, but we can take it from here. I.e. we might also need code to ASN.1 encode/decode x509 certificate chains. I could not immediately find somewhere in our code where we handle that beyond SSL-level management.

If someone is actually working on this stuff, I can send them the files that make up the CSI interceptor.

Kresten