This was an action item for me to get started, but here we go. :)

There are a few things I think we need to do.

First, we should get input from the Apache Public Relations Committee as to what guidelines they are enforcing for logos, if they have any.

Then I believe that we should

1) Have a deadline for any logo candidates (like a week...)

2) Based on the guidelines, winnow out any contributions that we wouldn't accept. I think anything is fair game as long as it would be in line with what the ASF allows.

3) Hold a vote on our logo - again, for a period of a week...

geir