On Oct 24, 2005, at 3:16 PM, Sachin Patel wrote:

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

On Oct 24, 2005, at 1:05 PM, Joe Bohn wrote:

How about if we provide a "hot deploy" location that acts as an "addition/over-ride" location much the same as adding a library earlier in a path. I tend to think of this "hot deploy" activity as a developer activity and so I think most folks running a production server would follow the traditional deploy, undeploy, redeploy mechanics. Hot-deploy would most likely be used exclusively in development or to "patch" a critical problem with a temporary fix.

I only think of hot-deploy as a developer activity, and personally would turn it off in production.

Yes, this would definately not be a production tool. For now I really think we just need something VERY simple. Like David J. said, lets simply restrict the deployables to archives containing plans. This would eliminate unncessary complexity until further thought can be put into a solution that allows additional capability and be able to properly handle these scenarios. We can make this as simple as we want or as complex as we want. Lets start with something simple for now :)

Fine. But I don't think we need to think of this as being a part of the core geronimo server. Lets start it as a simple tool in devutils that someone can choose to use...

I think that's part of the problem here - we're thinking too deeply. Lets just throw together a little webapp that hosts this functionality. Lets see how it works.

I think I'll go start this now in devutils sandbox or something :)

geir

[EMAIL PROTECTED]