I now have servers for jetty and for tomcat built using the packaging and assembly plugins. For the second time I've spent 2 days trying to figure out why tomcat is broken only to realize that some required configuration files are missing. The server built in modules/assembly copies the files from the tomcat module, whereas I have simply included them in the geronimo-tomcat-j2ee assembly. Both of these solutions are really unsatisfactory.

How about writing a gbean that copies resources out of its classpath and into a specified location (in var)? This would let us package these files in the geronimo-tomcat car so they would be available for any tomcat server. Can anyone see a problem with this approach?

thanks