On Nov 18, 2005, at 4:05 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:

There is a JIRA issue I re-opened on those classes tags. They are duped in Tomcat and Jetty. I would like to see them at the web builder level.

I noticed they were missing from the generic schema. My local changes use the same group everywhere including web-builder, so this would fix your issue?

thanks
david jencks

David Jencks wrote:
It's become apparent recently that some of the elements in our plans related to classloading are a bit confusing. In particular, there is an include element that no one is sure what is for and is not used, and a similarly named import element that is like the parentId, only better :-). Also the lists of special classes for the classloader are in between the import and dependency elements.
I'd like to change the schema for all plans to use this:
    <xs:group name="classloader-infoGroup">
        <xs:sequence>
<xs:element ref="sys:parent" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/> <!-- <xs:element name="include" type="sys:dependencyType" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>--> <xs:element ref="sys:dependency" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/> <xs:element ref="sys:hidden-classes" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/> <xs:element ref="sys:non-overridable-classes" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
        </xs:sequence>
    </xs:group>
The differences are that:
import is renamed parent. This seems less confusing to me. I can support backwards compatibility in most plans, although perhaps not plain gbean plans.
include is removed.
the class lists are moved to the end. This makes more sense to me, in that first we have the info on what goes into the current classloader in the way of parents and contents, and then we have the modifications to that list.
Comments?
thanks