On Dec 1, 2005, at 8:07 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

So a change was made to the database portlet so when it deploys a new
pool it uses the configId user/database-pool-(name)/1/car

I don't really understand -- since this deployment doesn't use the
Maven tools, it's not packaged into a CAR or put into the repository,
right?  So this configId seems pretty bogus and I'm not sure why's
it's any better than setting the configId to just
database-pool-(name).  Any insight?

Well, before I ran into the next set of roadblocks I was planning on talking with you about adding groupId, artifactId and version fields to the form so you could actually construct a new-style configId if you wanted to. I would also like an option to construct a .car file in the servers geronimo repo. However, without these the new configId doesn't have much going for it, but it is consistent with the ones we use, so I don't really see the harm. If you strongly object to the capabilities I'm proposing you are welcome to change it back.

thanks

    Aaron