On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 02:51:00PM -0800, David Jencks wrote:
> My understanding of what this could be used for is something like a
> shared immutable config-store used for "official" configurations and a
> non-shared config-store you could put your own stuff into.  In this
> case, the deployer would point at the non-shared config store.  Very
> likely we could make the immutable config-store based off the geronimo
> repo using packed car files directly.  I've forgotten what you
> originally wanted this for, could you remind me?

I'm looking at doing something similar to this.  I deploy one
application at my build-time, then package up Geronimo (along with a
bunch of other code) and run it on a read-only partition, with various
log files, etc moved to a read-write partition.  This has worked fine
for since I haven't (up till now) had to worry about adding or
removing applications, but that requirement's coming down the pipe.
So I'd like to have two config-stores, one for my code (read-only
i.e. can't be undeployed) and one read-write.  It's not important to
me how things are stored in the config-stores, just that I be able to
specify them when I deploy.

Thanks,
Toby