Does someone know if there is an authoritative specification for the mapping between OSF and IANA charsets? Right now I have something that derives from my own experiments, reasonable guesses, and what I could find in secondary sources on the net.

Trouble is IIOP uses OSF characterset identifiers, and javax.nio.charset encoders are named by the IANA charset names (as also used in MIME); and I am using java's own encoders to do the transformations. It seems that nowadays it is only CORBA that is still using the OSF charset names for historical reasons.

Kresten Krab Thorup
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"We do not inherit the Earth from our parents, we borrow it from our children." Saint Exupery