--- Joe Bohn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Greg
>
> I've modified the list below to add what we would
> like to present in
> Geronimo.
>
> Jeff and/or Anita,
> Do you think we can get comparable information from
> tomcat?   We would
> also need to know how to enable, disable, and reset
> these statistics for
> tomcat.

       Tomcat Manager queries tomcat Mbean
Catalina:type=GlobalRequestProcessor,.........................
   to get the following statistcs for each of its
connectors. Their Jetty equivalents are written next
to each.
1. RequestCount :  private transient int _requests :
total requests made to the server, I guess to get this
add RequestCount from all the connectors.
2. maxTime :   _requestsDurationMax : max request
duration
3. bytesSent - no Jetty equivelent
4. bytesReceived - no Jetty equivalent
5. processingTime -  _requestsDurationTotalTime :
total request duration time
6. errorCount -  _errors : total bad requests to the
server

     Other than this, it provides per request
statistics. These can be used to compute
_requestsActive (number of requests currently being
handled) ,e.g., go through each req stat, find the
active ones, and count them up.
    I need to expose tomcat's mBeanServer via
TomcatContainer, and write TomcatStatsGbean.
setStatesOn would mean initializing   All the stat
attributes of the Mbeans. Jeff please comment?
     Tomcat does not provide (?) any connection
statistics. I will not be able to do this pre 1.0.

Thanks
Anita