Greg,

Thanks for taking care of the wiki entries.  It looks great.

Jeff

Greg Wilkins wrote:

Guys,

I've updated the FAQ with an entry that I think helps explain the
duality.

 http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/FrequentlyAskedQuestions
Jeff (and others) can you check that this is a fair description.
I've also started work on the general jetty in geronimo documentation
to get it up to the standard that Jeff has for tomcat.

Jeff Genender wrote:
There is no doubt that someone's feelings are going to get hurt, whether it's Greg's or mine, as we both stepped up and delivered our products and got them certified. But at the end of the day...what counts is we offer both and that is most important.

+1.
So long as all our efforts are acknowledge and no disrespect is shown, we
should be able to do this without hurt feelings.   Healthy competition
between the containers will only improve them both and so long as
we don't involve our users in container-wars then it should be good
for all.

I may choose to disagree at the level of activity of Tomcat vs Jetty in Geronimo over the last year, and could very well be proven wrong by empirical evidence...but yes my nose has been knee deep in Tomcat, so its likely my views may be jaded.

It is true that we have been moderately quiet on Geronimo lists themselves,
but we have been working on Jetty 6, which has largely been motivated by
creating a container that is even more suited to being embedded in Geronimo
with improved support of G- threadpools, interceptors etc.

cheers