After chatting on IM, it does appear that it is too late to
change the jetty version, so I retract my -1 and make it a -0.

The 1.0 release can go out with the windows security problem - I don't
think many will be rushing it into production.

The Jetty 5.1.10 release is available and the can be used to replace
the jar if security is paramount.

Some text for the release notes:

There is a security issue with the Jetty 5.1.9 used by geronimo 1.0, which
allows a crafted URL to access the contents of a WEB-INF directory if the
server is running on a windows platform.   This issue is fixed in Jetty 5.1.10
and the 5.1.9 jar in geronimo 1.0 can be replaced with the jar from 5.1.10.
It is not recommended that Geronimo-jetty 1.0 be used on to serve a non-open
web application from a windows platform.

cheers