Wow...bad sentence in the previous post...perhaps this will be clearer

DCUT
DCUT+7  days    Make RC available
DCUT+14 days    Make Release or RC+1 available if needed
DCUT+21 release

Anything short of that doesn't allow enough time for the community to provide feedback IMHO.

Matt Hogstrom wrote:
I think we could have done a better job in releasing 1.0 by allowing a week for testing, a week for incorporation of feedback and follow this process a couple of times. Unfortunately we ended up doing that anyway which cost us about 4 weeks and the holiday didn't help. Based on that experience I think the cut off and a named RC release, TCK and bug feedback, cut and put out for another week and publish if no major gotchas which I think extends your time frame for about two weeks at the end. Anything short of that I think were trading quality off for speediness.

John Sisson wrote:

Correction to earlier mail.. should be 1st week of Feb.

John Sisson wrote:

How does everyone feel about a changes cutoff for 1.0.1 on Fri 27th Jan, aiming for a 1.0.1 release in the 1st week of Feb. The 27th would give us three weeks to get bug fixes in and tested. Considering 1.0.1 is a maintenance release, hopefully it will be easier to get out the door than 1.0.

The only non-bug fix that I am aware of that should be in 1.0.1 is the IzPack installer.

Regards,

John