Adi,

Is this a show stopper for you?

Technical decisions are taken after the community is bootstrapped. The
incoming code bases may be used or may even be thrown out completely.
Certainly there is no diktat on having to use specific outside
dependencies. End of the day, who ever is doing the work (once the
project gets going) decides on how to do things following apache's
usual process(es).

thanks,
dims