A few of us are working on a project, LiveTribe, that does service provisioning/configuration, management, and monitoring. One of the things that we are actively working on is adding application response monitoring using the ARM standard to Geronimo. Soon you will see this in ServiceMix, Jetty, Tomcat, OpenEJB, and Axis as well as many other OSS projects.

Regards,
Alan