Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
Hi James,

We're not sucking in another project. Its a contribution of code only. How is this any different than has already happened on Geronimo, Agila (twister), Harmony etc?

Geronimo is not an incubating project and hence can bring more stuff in.
The Agila/Twister merger was done thru the incubator (and is still
ongoing and IMO unlikely to complete). Harmony- I'm not sure what you're
referring to (I haven't followed it much).

In harmony we're bringing in donations from people who are contributing to our primary mission, creating a fully working implementation of J2SE. That means that implementations of both the VM and the class libraries, and that is what is being donated and accepted.

geir