On Feb 3, 2006, at 5:37 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

On 2/3/06, David Jencks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I don't think you'll be able to see anything in a jndi viewer since
we don't have a global jndi context

:-(

Have you tried using my SpringTransactionManager instead of spring's
JtaTransactionManager?

Where is your mythical SpringTransactionManager?

modules/spring

Is your ejb clearly labelled for BMT?  If so, the UT should be there
if you are accessing spring from the ejb in the same thread as the
ejb call and spring is not changing any of the initial context system
properties.

Um... for the record its not really my bean... I was just given this
app that runs on WAS5 and asked to make it run on Geronimo.

And, it looks like they are all Container managed
(<transaction-type>Container</transaction-type> is everywhere).

yikes, you are not supposed to be able to get UT in a CMT ejb. Your app should not work on any j2ee compliant app server :-)

thanks
david jencks

 * * *

What Spring and Hibernate need is a way to get a handle on the
containers TXM.  I had just tried using the
org.springframework.transaction.jta.JtaTransactionManager.  But did
not get very far with testing this stuff out because every 10 minutes
someone comes by and bugs me for something... :-(

--jason