> What do you mean by "corrupts"? Do you mean that the transaction manager
> does not perform recovery properly upon boot?

So, at some point the remote EJB call appears to hang (looking into
that more now), it never times out, just sits there.  So I kill the
process (not a -9), so the vm shutdown gracefully (or at least tries
to).

Then if I try to start it up again, I get NPE when the system boots
(I've posted the exception previously).

Now it might be possible that recovery failed for some reason... but
it should not NPE, and it should not cause the application server to
not load.  Or it should just quickly fail with a reasonable error
message about failure to recover from txlog and explain how to fix it.

But, so far all I can do is `rm var/txlog/*` and then start up the server again.

--jason