On Feb 13, 2006, at 11:45 AM, Bruce Snyder wrote:

On 2/13/06, David Blevins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I could use jaxb support now.  I'd like to use it instead of castor
or xmlbeans for marshalling deployment descriptors -- or rather with
castor or xmlbeans if either of them implement jaxb.

I didn't know Axis2 was going to implement jaxb.  Are the xmlbeans
guys going to implement it too?

A couple of weeks ago I began investigating what it will take for
Castor support the JAXB 2 API on top of the existing engine. It's
certainly doable with one issue being the ability to cover the entire
spec in a timely manner if I'm the only one working on it. There are
certainly other concerns, but that's the biggest one at the moment.

You guys already support fancy-pants mapping. How soon do you think you could get that part into the 80% compliant range?

That'd at least be enough to get started.

-David