It may be the inheritance causing problems rather than the CL, as
well.  You know, maybe we try calling ejbRemove on your bean class
even though it's declared on the superclass or something.  If the CL
manipulations don't work out, we can follow that path.

As far as the hidden classes, we unfortunately seem to have Spring
(and I guess Antlr?) on the Server classpath (I think something
related to clustering, which I'm hoping we can extract).  If you load
that version of Spring, it can't see your bean classes because they're
in a child class loader.  With the hidden classes filter, you're
saying that any classes beginning with those substrings shouldn't be
loaded from the parent class loader, so they'll always be loaded from
the version in your application, and therefore the Spring classes will
be able to see your bean classes.

Aaron