Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> This is not a vote, but simply a discussion about the graduation of
> ActiveMQ from the Incubator.

And should have been on general@incubator.apache.org, not [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Whether or not to cross-post to a myriad of other lists is a separate
question of netiquette.  And the Geronimo PMC can address the use of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  In the meantime, since this was cross-posted to at least two
public lists, I am replying to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Now, on to the main topic:

----------------------------

Personally, I do not consider ActiveMQ ready.  And I do believe that it
should be targeting TLP status.  It has its own community, is separately
releasable and useable in many projects, not just as part of a J2EE server,
and would do better as its own TLP.  To reiterate, these are my views.  The
Incubator PMC may share or differ in its collective view.

Keep in mind that I am not saying anything negative about ActiveMQ.  I like
the project.  I have had quite constructive discussions with members of the
project about possibly using the project.  It simply has a way to go before
it is ready as a TLP.  For that matter, as others have pointed out, it still
has some way to go in migrating infrastructure, of which JIRA is only one
issue, and is being addressed.

Generally speaking, I concur with the point made by others: new projects
should learn from the mistakes of others, not emulate them.

        --- Noel