Please, stay away from config/repos in DB :D  I've seen that before and I
really hated it.
I can come up with a lond detailed list why we should not go that way ;)

Cheers!
Hernan

Jason Dillon wrote:
Good time for everyone to go buy a Mac :-)

Is there any version of any windows fs that is not crippled with this limitation?

Its a real pity that we have to work around muck like this... :-(

 * * *

What if the repo was not backed by a filesystem... but maybe a fast database or something similar? Then paths could be as long as we want, but the physical representation could be tailored for lame operating systems.

This would mean we need more tools to get at the data and to put in the data... but I think that would be generally a good thing anyways.

--jason