We own John Sisson thanks for the patch ... not me. I tested the patch prior to the commit but it was John that created the patch just before leaving on vacation. So, thank you John! I for one, am very grateful to be able to build on windows ago!

Joe

Dain Sundstrom wrote:
Ever since I applied Prasad's patch for jaring the WEB-INF/classes of our wars the server has been well under the windows path length limit. Unfortunately, you couldn't build the server on windows since we actually assemble the server in a deeply nested path.

I just applied a patch from Joe Bohn that shortened the names of nested modules in ears. This has brought the longest path in our build to:

229 assemblies/j2ee-installer/target/geronimo-1.1-SNAPSHOT/repository/ geronimo/jsp-examples-tomcat/1.1-SNAPSHOT/jsp-examples-tomcat-1.1- SNAPSHOT.car/WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/jsp/jsp2/jspattribute/ shuffle_jsp$shuffle_jspHelper.class

So as long as you checkout path is less then 27 characters you should be able to build on windows.

-dain