I just used the same banner we have in the web site, we could make it thinner
if needed.
As for the bread-crumbs height, I think that's pretty standard. Although I have not fully tested it, the templates used to automatically export the content to HTML accepts embedded css so we could potentially customize a lot more.

Cheers!
Hernan