Wildcard support for policy entries produces unexpected results
---------------------------------------------------------------

         Key: AMQ-714
         URL: https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-714
     Project: ActiveMQ
        Type: Bug

  Components: Broker  
    Versions: 4.0, 4.0 RC3    
 Environment: linux
ibm jdk 1.4.2
sun jdk 1.5
    Reporter: Kyle Himmerick
     Fix For: 4.0


When you define a policy Entry using a wildcard (eg. FOO.>) in the xml 
configuration it is not applied as expected.

Specifically I was attempting to use a lastImageSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy on 
all subtopics of FOO.>

If I publish three messages to each of FOO.a, FOO.b and FOO.c and then setup a 
consumer (retroactive = true) to each of the topics FOO.a, FOO.b and FOO.c I 
receive three copies of the last message sent to any of the topics  In this 
case the third message sent to FOO.c.

Expected behaviour would be to receive the last message from each topic that is 
message three from FOO.a, FOO.b and FOO.c

More troubling is if I setup a new session with a consumer only to FOO.a and 
FOO.b I receive two copied of the third message sent to FOO.c.  Even though 
this session is not subscribed to FOO.c, presumably this is because the policy 
is only keeping the last message that matches the destination and returning it 
as the last image, regardless of if the topic matches the subscription.

With explicit policy entries for each topic (FOO.a, FOO.b) the broker returns 
the correct messages, so I believe the problem is with wildcard handling.  I 
need wildcard support here because I do not know my topic names upfront.  I 
would think that this would be a common scenario (like setting a last image 
recovery policy on all stock quotes Stock.> )

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
   https://issues.apache.org/activemq/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see:
   http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

Reply via email to