One option is if we could allow non-committers to vote if they declare that they have applied AND tested the patch.

On Jun 2, 2006, at 10:23 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

It seems that there are now +1's from 3 committers for this change. Although I also support the change (once copyrights are corected), I cannot offer a +1. Apologies for being a pedant, but to my knowledge the current RTC "rules" we are living under are:

  'I have applied this patch and tested it and found it good'

I'm pretty sure that there's only one person who has done this and his name is Sachin. Although it's likely that I could apply the patch and build devtools, I wouldn't know how to integrate and test the change.

I think many of us feel that the requirement to apply and test a patch is too restrictive and cumbersome -- especially in smaller subprojects such as devtools and daytrader. Rather than ignoring this directive, let's get the process changed or at least start a discussion... I'll start a thread.

--kevan