Right now the groupIds in the m2 build are

org.apache.geronimo.modules for the jar files
org.apache.geronimo.configs for the car files

I think these are both bad. First of all, due to our recent renaming, the configs should if anything get the modules name :-).

More important, I think at least for jars the groupId should be part or all of the package name of the stuff in the jar. So, we'd either use
org.apache.geronimo

or

org.apache.geronimo.activation
org.apache.geronimo.axis
org.apache.geronimo.axis-builder
org.apache.geronimo.webservices

for the jars. Personally I have a preference for plain org.apache.geronimo for all the jars. However if recommended maven usage is the longer names I'm ok with that too.

For the configurationsXXXXXXXXX modules, I'm nearly neutral between org.apache.geronimo and org.apache.geronimo.module[s], slightly preferring the shorter name.

Comments?

thanks