On Jun 7, 2006, at 2:25 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

I just tried installing and starting the Directory module and I get this:

17:18:15,580 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is
now in the FAILED state:
abstractName="geronimo/directory/1.1-SNAPSHOT/car? configurationName=geronimo/directory/1.1-SNAPSHOT/car"
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: New GBeans
must be specified with a GBeanInfo and a full AbstractName
configuration=geronimo/directory/1.1-SNAPSHOT/car
gbeanName=geronimo.server:name=DirectoryService
at org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager.applyOv errides(LocalAttributeManager.java:140) at org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager$ $FastClassByCGLIB$$b20ef545.invoke(<generated>)

It seems to be caused by this entry in
assemblies/j2ee-jetty-server/src/var/config/config.xml:

<module name="geronimo/directory/${pom.currentVersion}/car" load="false">
       <gbean name="geronimo.server:name=DirectoryService">
           <attribute name="host">${PlanServerHostname}</attribute>
           <attribute name="port">${PlanLdapPort}</attribute>
       </gbean>
   </module>

I think we should remove this from the config.xml in 1.1 and put it
into the directory plugin instead (sans load=false).

I agree. We shouldn't include stuff in the config.xml for stuff we don't ship with the server.

Still, the main
question is, what is the correct GBean name of the DirectoryService?
It looks like it should just be name="DirectoryService" to me.

I think it should be just DirectoryService also. Are there other entries in the config.xml in the object name format? IIRC everything should be in the simple name style.

-dain