Bruce Snyder wrote:
> On 6/8/06, Aaron Mulder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I think it will help to have the schedule of the release.  No one can
>> claim IBM has a secret agenda if the time line is laid out there.  And
>> it's easy to wink if no one has any idea what the deadlines we're
>> working toward are.
>
> I agree with Aaron here - publicity of not only the timeline (i.e., a
> calendar of release schedules maybe) but also the Road Map may help on
> all fronts. IMO we should consider publishing and continually
> revisiting both of these items. I know that this won't be a popular
> suggestion on the committer side of things because we are a volunteer
> organization, but it would most certainly help our user community
> immensely.

I have to disagree here.  Although I absolutely agree a roadmap is
helpful and trackable, the timeline and release issues that Matt has
talked about is clearly an issue.  On these lists, Matt has made things
extremely clear regarding when our releases should be, along with group
consensus, and thing have been "quietly" injected into Geronimo.  I
share Matt's feelings and frustrations.

Minimally, if we cannot hold to a simple date based on agreement on
these lists, a roadmap, although helpful, will surely not be a panacea.

It is also my hope that there are not private emails going around
talking about "secret" agendas.  This would dismay me as I fully expect
that we are all adult enough to share our feelings with each other in
these lists.  If an email like this is being passed around, then we
clearly need to be working on our communication skills and have a long
way to go on learning to work with each other as a team.  I think
communication is the primary thing we need to deal with.

Jeff