On Jun 15, 2006, at 10:18 AM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

On 6/15/06, David Blevins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> * "java.lang.IllegalStateException: Timer already cancelled"
> exception happens when acquiring a connection from a database pool

All but this last one seem documentable and livable till 1.1.1 comes
out. Does this last one mean that you can't get a DB connection from
a pool, or just that your logs will fill up with that message?

I don't know -- it was reported to the mailing list but I don't know
what causes it or how often it happens.  We may want to diagnose it
before making the decision on 1.1.

My understanding is that it turned out to be caused by an OOM error and was fixed by starting geronimo with more memory. Certainly since daytrader works we have some evidence that some db pools can be used :-)

That's correct. The user reported that w/ an increased heap size, they didn't encounter any problems. An uncaught RuntimeException/ Error thrown by a TimerTask will cause a Timer to be cancelled. We should try to report these runtime errors. I think all of this information has been recorded in the Jira for this issue...