Matt,
This is good. However, I think it's useful to think in terms of a 1.1.x release stream, or at least two 1.1.x releases. Where 1.1.1 is going to address our worst/highest priority problems. 1.1.x should be very soon (a few weeks?) after 1.1. This would be followed by a 1.1.2 which I think would be the target for the majority of the bug fixes and performance improvements that you're proposing. Thoughts?

--kevan