John Sisson wrote:
Some notes in relation to documentation:

* Clicking on the the "Geronimo Documentation" link on http://myhost:8080/ takes me to http://geronimo.apache.org/documentation.html which doesn't currently have any 1.1 documentation. What are the plans for the 1.1 documentation?

I'm planning to update the web site today so it will point to the new cwiki with the 1.0 and 1.1 (inprogress) documentation

* Clicking on the "Additional Documentation" link on http://myhost:8080/ takes me to http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/GERONIMO/Home which contains a warning that the documentation has moved to http://cwiki.apache.org/geronimo . Are we planning on changing this to take users directly to http://cwiki.apache.org/geronimo ?

"Additional Documentation" is using a redirect (http://geronimo.apache.org/redirects/additionalDocumentation.html) to point to the Atlassian confluence. Fixing this redirect is part of the web site update.

I just froze (for edit) the confluence installation at Atlassian so we will not have more adds there (wanted or unwanted). I've been adding labels to some pages on that installation to point to the new cwiki.apache.org/geronimo. As far as I know, we can not add an automatic redirect directly from a confluence page.

Cheers!
Hernan

Other comments in-line below..

I'm still kicking the tires..

John

Matt Hogstrom wrote:

All,

I have created what I hope is the final release of Geronimo 1.1. There has been a lot of work that has gone into this release (please review the RELEASE-NOTES). Here are the final release candidates for your review.

*DayTrader Application*
http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final/daytrader-ear-1.1.ear

I'm working on a website and documentation to help folks out but the deliverable is the ear above.

*Geronimo 1.1 Version*

  *Source*
    http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final/geronimo-1.1_src.tar.gz
    http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final/geronimo-1.1_src.zip

  *Full J2EE Jetty Version*
http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final/geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.1.tar.gz http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final/geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.1.zip

  *Minimal Jetty Version*
http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final/geronimo-jetty-minimal-1.1.tar.gz http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final/geronimo-jetty-minimal-1.1.zip

  *Full Tomcat Version*
http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final/geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.1.tar.gz http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final/geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.1.zip

  *Minimal Tomcat Version*
http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final/geronimo-tomcat-minimal-1.1.tar.gz http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final/geronimo-tomcat-minimal-1.1.zip

*Geronimo 1.1 Source Code*

FYI (in case you re-use this mail) the line above should read *Geronimo 1.1 Specs*

http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final/org.apache.geronimo.specs.tar.gz http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final/org.apache.geronimo.specs.zip

Is there are reason why the specs distributions don't have a version in their file name? Shouldn't it be 1.0.1?

Please remember that only PMC votes are binding but they will ultimately make their decision based on your feedback.

Thanks to everyone who has spent long hours working on this.

A special thanks to Jencks, Sisson and Miller who spent long days working on getting the final release right with License issues, last minute release note changes, etc.

I look forward to a positive outcome and a unanimous vote by Sunday. Assuming all goes well by Sunday night I will propogate the jars to the mirrors on Sunday and declare the release official on Tuesday.

Cross your fingers, grab your beverage of choice and let's close this release out.

Matt