Dain Sundstrom wrote:

--- Dain Sundstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have two thoughts:

1) we have an automated tool to track patches and it
can track votes
and send out these reports.

I'm not convinced automating this will work all that
well.  I do think that all +1 and suggestions should
be made as comments on the jira issue.  I think it can
be up to the proposer to kick people on the dev list
if it's getting ignored.

If someone can really figure out how to do +1's in
jira automatically, fine.... i'm not a jira expert and
don't know how much this would conflict with the
current meaning of voting.

I don't know much about the voting, but I definitely think we should have some sort of review-required status. I think someone should have to have commit privileges to put something in that status, and by putting something in that status you are saying you want to commit it. Since this category would only contain the red-hot ready-to-commit patches, I say we send a daily (yes daily) email listing to kick the project accept or reject the commit.

-dain

The review-required status and the reports sound like good ideas to me. I also agree that all votes and suggestions should be made in JIRA comments so people don't have to spend a lot of time finding them in emails.

John