David Blevins wrote:
On Jun 25, 2006, at 8:49 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

Greg Wilkins wrote:
I think the wiki should clarify the patch process for release branches.

Agreed.  I have added slight caveats for

New Features:

develop in trunk
patch to current x.y branch (if to be captured in next x.y.z release)

Fixes

develop in x.y branch (if to be captured in next x.y.z release else develop in trunk)
patch to trunk
patch to current x.y.z (if it is a TCK bug).

This is good discussion. In the interests of seeing it continue while keeping clear what we've voted on and what is still open for discussion, i've split this out into a new wiki page titled with the soft word "guidelines."

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxPMGT/development-and-patch-guidelines.html

Further, i've added a "Notice" section at the bottom of this page that states, "The process in this document was voted on by the Geronimo community. Please formally propose all changes to dev@geronimo.apache.org"

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxPMGT/release-branching-process.html

Makes sense.  Thanks David.

Regards,
Alan