I think we need to keep it simple. Let deploy only allow a deploy, and fail if the app exists, and kindly inform the user that a redeploy should be invoked. Or even better and I think this may have been brought up before, but perhaps we get rid of redeploy completely and have a --force option on deploy which does essentially the redeploy.