Gianny Damour wrote:

Hi,

I had a look to the patch and I think that it will take me about one night to review it. As I will be on holidays this Friday, only 2 nights left, and away from any computer for 3 weeks, I am happy to vote now if need be.

I do have a couple of questions, more for my education than anything else: * why is the root security element used as a placeholder for group substitution in the geronimo-application schema? I would have thought that this placeholder would be better in the geronimo-security schema where the out-of-the-box/Geronimo substitution group is defined; and * I think that SecurityBuilder should have a way to modify the Environment of a Web-app module and, hence, that an additional method should be added to do that during the createModule phase. Otherwise, I am not sure how additional parent modules or specific dependencies can be added to a Web-app module such that the GBeans added by the builder can run.

Also, it is worth to underline that the definition of a substitutable service element, which is currently replaceable by a gbean element seems to be a very flexible configuration mechanism.

What would be awesome is to be able to register additional ElementConverter with SchemaConversionUtils such that developers working on their home grown substitution groups do not need to change this class.

Forget this point... While trying to see how this could be done I discovered that it is actually already done, by XmlBeansUtil...

Thanks,
Gianny

Obvisously, I am sold :)

Thanks,
Gianny

David Jencks wrote:

I think my latest patch for pluggable jacc is plausible to commit, see http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1563?page=all and be sure to apply only the v4 patches.

I realize this is a significant amount of work, so at this time I'm not actually asking any PMC members to review this, but I would greatly appreciate it if at least 3 could spend a couple minutes estimating how long they think it would take them to evaluate the patch and when they might be able to complete evaluating it, as this will personally affect my plans for the next few weeks.

I think all the committers and other contributors might find this information useful in planning their development activities for the next few months.

Many thanks,