To start with, why don't you take a look at this:

http://chariotsolutions.com/geronimo/ejb.html#id2604520

There should be a DOCTYPE or xmlns at the very beginning of your
ejb-jar.xml, and by comparing the values in the DOCTYPE or xmlns to
the samples at that link, you should be able to figure out what
version of EJB you are using.  I'm not sure Geronimo supports "EJB
1.0" but that's very, very old, so I think you may find you're using
"EJB 1.1" at a minimum.  If you don't see the DOCTYPE or xmlns listed
in your file, or they don't match anything at that link, can you post
the first few lines of your ejb-jar.xml including the DOCTYPE or xmlns
here?

Also, can you post your application.xml?  That would let us confirm
the version of the EAR packaging it's using, and make sure it's
listing the right values for your EAR.  As I understand it you have 3
WARs, 1 EJB JAR, and 2 regular JARs in the EAR, so we want to make
sure you have the right entries in application.xml for the EAR.

Thanks,
    Aaron