I think that Aaron raised this issue (or indicated there might be a problem here) in a previous post on an earlier thread.

Aaron suggested that there be a wiki page or some other summary page that explains what we think we need to have functionally so that it can be agreed upon and them implemented in a future Geronimo release. Can you take a stab at this summary Vamsi? I think that you along with David Jencks, Aaron, and possibly a few others will need to reach a consensus.

Joe

Vamsavardhana Reddy wrote:
Looks like there is no point in having more than one private key entry in a keystore for the purpose of SSL Server authentication as there is no control on which key will be picked. I do not know if this is useful for Client authentication. Unless all the private key entries have the same password, KeyManagerFactory.init() will throw an exception.

-Vamsi