Hi Aaron,

So we *do* have a way to extend the console at deploy time (either plugin deployment or application deployment)? Will this handle updates to the pageregistry and portletentityregistry? Is there also a mechanism to "undo" the changes when a plugin or application is undeployed? If so, then that is excellent!!

I wasn't aware of anything in this area to make the console extensible and was thinking that we really needed this (esp. since Geronimo itself is extensible).

Has this been integrated in other places or just with gplugins (whatever that is ... I just started to see what I could find on this based upon your response)? Is there any more information that you can point me to on this?

Thanks,
Joe

Aaron Mulder (JIRA) wrote:
[ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1823?page=comments#action_12425725 ] Aaron Mulder commented on GERONIMO-1823:

I think this would be better packaged as a plugin than integrated into the
console, since the same is true of our Apache DS integration.  Can you package
this portlet as a standalone WAR?  The gplugins project has a GBean you can add
to geronimo-web.xml that can install portlets into the console.

Add Embedded LDAP Server Viewer Portlet
---------------------------------------

               Key: GERONIMO-1823
           Project: Geronimo
        Issue Type: New Feature
Security Level: public(Regular issues) Components: console
  Affects Versions: 1.2
          Reporter: Chris Cardona
       Attachments: dojo-0.3.1-bin.zip, ldapMgrPortlet-B1.1.1.jpg,
ldapMgrPortlet-B1.1.1.patch, ldapMgrPortlet-Snapshot.zip, ldapMgrPortlet.patch,
sample.ldif

Add a new portlet for viewing the contents of the embedded directory server
(Apache DS). This portlet will be under 'Misc' portlets.