Ah yes ... now I remember the thread. It seems that we may need to revive this discussion not only for the plugins but also for the dependency versions as well until we have a consistent solution that will work for both cases. We'll also need to address the case of build numbers/SNAPSHOTs/REVISIONS/etc... as indicated in GERONIMO_1637

Joe

Paul McMahan wrote:
Joe, Here's some discussion on plugin versioning you may want to check out: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-dev/200606.mbox/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Dain proposed a simple globbing approach that was well received, but
AFAIK it hasn't been implemented yet.

Paul