BTW the discussion is taking place on legal-discuss@apache.org

-dain

On Aug 6, 2006, at 5:21 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

Hi Dave,
The current deadline for the new policy is for releases distributed after Sept 1. See http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html. Some people are questioning that deadline. However, I'd guess that 1.1.1 will be our last release under existing policy...

--kevan

On Aug 5, 2006, at 11:19 AM, David Jencks wrote:

Reading some more mails on the maven list, this change has apparently been postponed.... but we should no doubt watch out for it.

thanks
david jencks

On Aug 5, 2006, at 8:13 AM, David Jencks wrote:

I've seen discussion about this new policy on several other apache lists but AFAICT I did not receive any direct notice of the new policy and AFAICT our source files do not yet have the new header. Did any other committers get notice of this? Don't we have to fix the source for 1.1.1 before releasing it?

thanks
david jencks

Begin forwarded message:

From: Reinhard Poetz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: July 31, 2006 11:51:25 PM PDT
To: dev@maven.apache.org
Subject: LICENSE and NOTICE in jar artifacts (was: New copyright header policy)

According to the two mails below from [EMAIL PROTECTED], starting with today a PMC isn't allowed to release an artifact if the sources don't cover the new copyright header policy (second mail). Additionally we need to add LICENSE and NOTICE files inside jars too (first mail).

Has the maven-jar-plugin been adapted to meet this requirement or is there some simple way to achieve the same result?

Reinhard