Hi Manu,

Thanks for having a look at this piece of code. EJB modules do not need to be auto-exploded as they are JAR modules and the classloader used to load EJB classes (a MulitParentClassLoader) can directly load classes from JARs. In the case of WEB modules, they need to be exploded as, AFAIK, Jetty and Tomcat do not support packed WAR modules.

Also, while re-reading my email, I spotted a potential mis-interpretation. The problem you are raising only happens when an EAR module contains a non-exploded WAR module. In other words, if you unjar web.war within a web.war sub-folder, then everything should be OK.

Thanks,
Gianny

Manu George wrote:

Hi Gianny,
             Thanks for the explanation. Are ejb modules also auto
exploded? I saw that war's are exploded but ejb modules don't seem to
be auto exploded. Any reason for this?

Thanks
Manu

On 8/5/06, Gianny Damour <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Manu George wrote:

> Hi,
>       Does Geronimo support exploded deployments of ear's that
> contain wars and jars using --inPlace Argument? When I try to deploy
> daytrader by extracting it  to a directory and passing the path to the
> directory as an argument to deploy along with --inPlace it is giving
> an error
>
> java.lang.Error: Only local file jars are supported
> jar:file:/C:/1.1samples/samp
> les/applications/daytrader/target/test/daytrader-ear-1.1/web.war!/WEB-INF/lib/st
>
> andard-1.1.1.jar

There is a bug in the deployment of war module defining libraries within
WEB-INF/lib/ when this module is inside an ear module. I will fix this
problem.

> What is the correct format of an exploded EAR. Will it have the
> ejb-jar and webapp-war exploded as well? OR will geronimo support non
> exploded format as well?

In the case of an in-place deployment, nested modules are auto-exploded
upon deployment, if need be. For instance, if there is a non-exploded
war module mywar.war within an ear, then the war is renamed
mywar.war.saved, a sub-directory mywar.war is created and
mywar.war.saved is unjarred within it.

Thanks,
Gianny